Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lord, Forgive My Shortcomings...


Lord, forgive my shortcomings...

Old ghosts haunted me this week. My mind began to wander and I was not as productive as I could have been. I wasted too much time, time I can't get back.

Forgive my fears of starting over in a new town. Give me the spunk and brashness I had back in the day in Flagstaff, San Francisco, and St. Augustine, when I could move into a new town and be set up with a job and a place in only a couple of weeks.

Keep my body and mind focused on the job ahead and do not let me get lost in details, futures that may never happen, and anxieties that simply must be let go of.

Lord, let me release myself to you to be the best person I can be...

Help me to continue to keep off cigarettes. Bless me with the benefits of my meds. Keep the nightmares away, both those when I sleep and those when I'm awake. Let me be a blessing to the new community of believers I'm a part of.

Let me be a boon to the homeless. For I too, was homeless.

Keep my mind and body pure. Give me the strength not to fall prey to a relationship with another before I have recovered fully from my last love. Lord, I still miss her and think of her every day. Lord, help me to understand.

Lord, renew me and make me whole...

Help me to get my body back into shape from the ravages I have put it through over the years.

Enrich my mind with thoughts of you, both in waking and in sleep.

Inspire my spirit to cleave to you and do not let me lose my first love.

In Jesus name, AMEN.

5 comments:

  1. Thru Christ we are able to do and accomplish all things. Everything has to bow to the name of Jesus. So we have authority over all things. Just confess it in the name of Jesus and believe it. You will trample over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gene. We've had similar journeys this week. And I love Keith Green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, Keith was my all-time favorite "Christian" musician when I was a teen. "Your Love Broke Through" is one of my all-time favorite songs. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, my brother. - Will "fishdancewaves"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me think: "My grace is sufficient for thee, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). Beautiful post, great prayer. I'm with you, bro.

    ReplyDelete