Tuesday, May 29, 2012

GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) Clubs in Ocala?


It appears that the inclusion of GSA clubs has found it's way into the school system and news articles of Marion County, Florida.

GSA is shorthand for Gay Straight Alliance, which is defined by Wikipedia as a way to make schools safe and welcoming to all students regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.

I would imagine this type of organization might help to lessen bullying in schools.

Guess I like the idea of campaigns to stop bullying in schools because I was bullied quite a bit in school...when I wasn't simply treated like an outcast geek.




Oh well, enough about me and how I was sometimes treated in middle and high school...

On May 25th and 26th,  two articles appeared in the Ocala Star Banner. Here are the headlines:



Read the articles.
Consider the situation.
What say you?


Sometimes, at the end of the day, I felt like the picture above.


No comments:

Post a Comment